Picture yourself here. This is where you will be in just 30 days. This is the view from Emerald Bay at America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride. This view is one of the rewards for all your hard work fundraising and training this season. I can’t wait to ride around the lake with this team! Thank you for signing up with Team Survivor to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
We’re down to the final days so let’s make our last month of fundraising count! We need some extra effort to get us to our $100,000 goal this year. As of May 1st we have raised $77,772 and here are your top fundraisers!
- $15,650 – Rance McDougald
- $11,377 – John Reumann
- $7,920 – Delna Weil
- $4,915 – Steve Fish
- $4,050 – Hank Windmoeller
Social Post from LLS Rocky Mountain below – congrats to the Team Survivor members on the leader board! Can you get to $5,000 or $10,000 before Tahoe?
Lake Tahoe – Important Dates
As you complete your plans for Lake Tahoe, here are some important schedule reminders:
- May 24th – Team Survivor Send Off at Primal – http://evite.me/6SrhjrKnf4
- May 26th – TriBike Transport Bike Drop Off (check details of the location you picked)
- June 2nd – In n Out Burger in Reno around 1:30 pm
- June 2nd – TriBike Transport bike pick up in Lake Tahoe, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- June 2nd – Dinner on your own, VIP event for $10,000+ fundraisers
- June 3rd – Team Survivor warm up ride to Emerald Bay and lunch
- June 3rd – TNT Rally and Dinner
- June 4th – America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride
- June 4th – TriBike Transport drop off near finish line 12:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Dead Cat Bounce
The cats will be bouncing again on Saturday, May 13th, from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Please come out and join us for our fundraiser show! Here’s the invite with the details – https://www.facebook.com/events/1420380668791403
Update from teammate Steve Fish
Just wanted the team to know that I’m doing some training and working hard to support the team. REALLY wanted to do a big ride outdoors today but it’s rained all day in Virginia. I’m thankful that Santa Claus brought me a smart trainer and Zwift had to suffice for the last BIG training ride before traveling to Tahoe! It doesn’t feel quite as real, but today was my first Century!! 100.9 miles and 4,000 feet of elevation climb. Sure hoping this will take the sting out of my first ride in the Rockies. I’m really looking forward to meeting the entire team in a little over a month!
This is a subliminal message for Team Survivor 2024. I know we haven’t completed our 2023 ride yet but I want to plant this seed now. Next year we have the opportunity to hit $1,000,000 in Team Survivor fundraising since we began in 2016. To get there we will need all of you plus several more teammates. It will take a big team and a big effort but I know we can do it! Please plan on joining the team and be thinking of who you can invite for next year. Now back to regular programming.