Just 35 days until Team Survivor takes on The Big Nasty! It’s the final sprint for fundraising and training so let’s make it count. Every dollar makes a difference – blood cancer patient’s lives are on the line so make it a priority to raise as many donations as you can this month. Also, make sure you are riding with the team on Saturdays or training on your own so that you can rock The Big Nasty next month! Thanks for signing up with Team Survivor to Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Congratulations and thanks to each of you who have raised donations for Team Survivor to support research, treatments and cures for blood cancer patients! As of May 1st, we have raised $116,934! Have you reached your personal fundraising goal? Have you done everything you can? We have just one more month of fundraising so it’s go time – make it a point to send letters, emails and social posts to show how hard you are training and why you are raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! Each one of us has a story about why we ride and raise money for LLS. Tell your story and make an impact! Take a look at our top 10 fundraisers so far – great job everyone!
- $21,303 – Rance McDougald
- $12,698 – John Reumann
- $12,238 – Mary Salsich
- $6,722 – Randy Hunt
- $4745 – Becky Parnell
- $4,715 – Meli Reumann
- $4647 – Laura Tomlinson
- $3869 – James DeGregori
- $3596 – Khem Suthiwan
- $3187 – Katey Morris
- Friday, June 4th, 2:00 pm, Shakedown Ride, Fairfield Inn – join us on Friday afternoon for a quick ride to make sure your bike is ready to go for The Big Nasty. We’ll get back in plenty of time to get ready for dinner and awards.
- Friday, June 4th, 5:00 pm, Dinner & Awards, Pasta Jay’s – if you want to join us for dinner, please add the number in your party to this spreadsheet. I will use this spreadsheet for our final headcount so please add your info if you are planning to attend (I have also sent a Facebook invite but several teammates aren’t on FB) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CteiwRB4opQ1plCZ8gMn641yytgL9-8d5RJqaNbaVws/edit#gid=0
- Saturday June 5th, 5:45 am – meet in the Fairfield parking lot for group picture and final instructions
- Saturday, June 5th, 6:00 am – The Big Nasty ride begins
- SAG supplies – we all need to pitch in to make sure we have food and water to get through the course. If you are able, please add the food item donation to the spreadsheet (same as RSVP for dinner above). Keep in mind we only have 25 riders so a small contribution is all we need. Also, let me know if you have a large water cooler we can use.
- SAG stops – we have 3 planned SAG stops for the metric century, and 5 planned SAG stops for the century per the map below. Please note locations and save the cell phone numbers for our SAG volunteers in case you have a mechanical issue or emergency during the ride. Thanks to Kevin, Rudy, Susanne and Karon for being willing to take the time to support us for the ride – we really appreciate you all!
May Ride Schedule
- May 1st, Squaw Pass, 37 miles, 4176 feet
- May 7th, Aspen Grove to Lookout, 57 miles, 3768 feet (NOTE, THIS IS A FRIDAY RIDE!)
- May 15th, Elephant Rock, 61, 3258 feet
- May 22nd, Evergreen, 50, 4439
- May 29th, Rance’s Fancy Loop
Mod Market Fundraiser!
All the stars were out for the Team Survivor Fundraiser at Mod Market earlier this week. We had a great turnout so thanks to everyone who made it and to those who brought friends along! What a delight to spend some time together while continuing our mission to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I think everyone’s going to look smashing in the new kits!