Our route in Moab is under construction again so we have moved the June 5th ride to La Junta, CO. Although we are all disappointed not to be riding in Moab, the Purgatoire River track site in La Junta, one of the largest dinosaur track sites in North America, has agreed to let us start and finish at their location. April Fools! Team, we are just 65 days from riding The Big Nasty in Moab, Utah. Time to put the training and fundraising in high gear and get ready for a fabulous event! Thanks for signing up with Team Survivor to Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Team Survivor Funds Research Portfolio
Since Team Survivor’s inception in 2016 the team has raised over $600,000 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. And for the past three seasons, the team has surpassed the $100,000 mark and will once again fund a blood cancer research portfolio. Congratulations to all team members who have contributed to this amazing milestone!
- Friday, June 4th, 2:00 pm – Stretch out your legs after the drive and make sure your bike is ready with a short shake down ride starting at the Fairfield
- Friday, June 4th, 5:00 pm – Team Survivor Dinner & Awards at Pasta Jay’s in Moab – click here to RSVP.
- Saturday June 5th, 5:45 am – Meet at the Fairfield for group picture and final instructions
- Saturday, June 5th, 6:00 am – The Big Nasty ride begins – click here to RSVP.
Big Nasty Route links and profiles:
Team Survivor has exceeded $100,000 and will fund another research grant. Let’s not stop here – every dollar we raise could help fund the next blood cancer treatment or cure! As of April 1st we have raised $105,640. Congratulations to Sir Rancelot (Rance McDougald) who is leading the charge with an impressive $20,028 raised – just incredible, Rance! Also, a shout out to new member Laura Tomlinson who went from zero to $4,422 in just a few days! We only have two months of fundraising to go so make sure you are asking your contact list to support our campaign. Here are the top fundraisers this season:
- $20,028 – Rance McDougald
- $12,473 – John Reumann
- $10,288 – Mary Salsich
- $6,722 – Randy Hunt
- $4,645 – Meli Reumann
New Registered Teammates
Thanks to LLS’s Resilience Challenge, Team Survivor added five more members in March! Please join me in welcoming this group to the team! With a lower fundraising minimum for this challenge, invite other friends and family to join us to raise money and ride in Moab!
- Emily Cutson
- Erik Mestas
- John “Chinstrap” Shaulis
- Thomas “Nussecken” Huettner
- Eve Widner
April Ride Schedule
Hard to believe we have just nine more Saturday training rides before Moab! If you are unable to join us for the Saturday rides make sure you are getting miles and climbing in during the week. The Big Nasty lives up to its name and we want everyone to be ready and to have a great time in Moab! Here’s the lineup for April:
- April 3rd – Joining Team NEO in the Springs – 40 miles, 1077 ft
- April 10th – Highgrade Road, 38 miles, 2429 ft
- April 17th – Carter Lake, 45 miles, 1725
- April 24th – Squaw Pass, 37 miles, 4176 ft